Do you want a mold inspection at your Woodstock IL property?
If you have mold in your home, what you see isn’t always what you get. Mold is a microscopic organism with spores that can infiltrate into many cracks and crevices in your home. This why mold sometimes seems to reappear even if you clean it up with a powerful disinfectant like bleach. While bleach works well for non-porous materials like tile and glass, it has difficulties porous surfaces like wood and drywall The spores that you can’t see can spread to the area you disinfected previously. And often this area attracts mold because it’s the kind of environment where it thrives. Whatever the source, call Healthy Home Mold Services Inc if you need a mold inspection in Woodstock IL. We’ll find out the cause and put an end to it for you.
When should I get mold testing done at my property?
Before selling a house, it’s always a good idea to get a mold inspection done. Not doing so could result in mold being found during the home inspection, something that often causes buyers to back out or to significantly lower their offer amount. But mold testing useful for many other situations too. Some things that the mold test can find include:
- There is no visible sign of mold, but the mold spore counts in the air are elevated
- There is a question as to whether a substance or stain is mold. This frequently happens with suspected attic mold during real estate transaction. Some contractors will just write a mold removal bid without actually first verifying that the stain is actually mold.
- Visible mold is present, but the mold spore count in the area is within normal ranges
- Visible mold is present, and the mold spore count in the area is elevated. Additional air samples can help determine how far from the source the mold spores have spread
- Visible mold is present and the type of elevated mold spores found in the air sample are different from the type of visible mold.
Our certified mold inspectors are here to help
Your Certified Mold Inspector will discuss how mold testing can help you understand your mold situation. Without testing, it can be difficult to determine the extent of cleanup necessary. For example, if your basement has a mold problem, does that automatically mean that you need mold remediation on your main floor as well? If you have surface mold removed or drywall replaced, are there excess mold spores that need to be remediated as well? Some contractors will propose too little work, like replacing drywall only, or too much work, like selling you a whole home mold cleaning project. Call us today for an honest mold removal company that will give you a fair price on a mold inspection in Woodstock IL.