Is mold a problem at your property? Our mold inspection in Algonquin will find out!
Are you worried that you might be dealing with mold in your property? It can be hard to verify this for yourself because sometimes mold is hard to find, and stains that look like mold are something else. Because of this, a smart first step is to have your mold inspection in Algonquin done by a certified mold inspector from Healthy Home Mold Services. This inspection starts with a visual inspection of your property to identify areas of mold or moisture. Photos are taken of the areas of concern, along with mold testing as needed.
Do I get to see the results?
Some mold companies might expect you to take their word for the results, but we want you to see them for yourself. Once your mold testing results are returned from the lab, we send you a copy of the lab report along with your inspector’s written report. If mold remediation is necessary, we will write up a plan of action you can use to do the mold removal yourself or hire a mold remediation contractor. We can include an estimate of how much it would cost to hire our mold cleaning division if as well if you want to continue using us.
Our complete mold inspection includes:
- Full visual inspection of your home by a Certified Mold Inspector to document mold issues and excess water/humidity problems that can contribute to mold growth
- Lab testing of substances that look like mold to determine if the substances are mold and what type
- Air quality testing including an outdoor control sample to determine the number and quantity of indoor mold spores to compare to outdoor air samples
- Ongoing consulting throughout the duration of your project including mold remediation guidelines and referrals to contractors
- The guaranteed lowest rate. Our discounted wholesale rate of $300 (deducting the coupon on our website) includes 2 lab samples. Further samples are $75 each if desired.
Mold doesn’t manifest in the same way for every property
Mold testing is useful because of the many ways that mold can show up in a property. Consider the following scenarios:
There is visible mold, but the spore count of the area is part of the normal, expected range.
Visible mold is present, and the mold spore count in the area is elevated. Additional air samples can help determine how far from the source the mold spores have spread
Visible mold is present and the type of elevated mold spores found in the air sample is different from the type of visible mold. Another mold source needs to be considered
There is no visible sign of mold, however, mold spore counts in the air are elevated
You may not have mold in your Algonquin property at all!
Sometimes the substance in question isn’t actually mold, but simply a stain that looks like it. This frequently happens with suspected attic mold during real estate transaction. Some contractors don’t check to make sure the spot is mold before writing up a mold removal bide. We do. If you have questions about getting a mold inspection in Algonquin and everything that entails, call us and we’ll give you free phone consultation and help you make a plan for mold removal.